As an Automated Test Engineer, you will be involved throughout the development lifecycle of the Army Aviation Mission Planning software. You will be working closely with developers as they develop code to ensure requirements are being met, and you will conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure the software created works as designed. During testing you will be thinking “outside of the box” to understand the various scenarios and con?gurations that customers use to ensure software quality is maintained. You will be responsible for de?ning and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our overall development processes that support and enhance the current testing processes on the Aviation Mission Planning software teams.
- Work as part of software development teams to ensure quality is a primary focus of the development process from requirements de?nition through delivery
- Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation and quality
- Mentor team members on automation
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
- Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining all test cases and test results
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of the software
- Work closely with the software development team, Product Management and subject matter experts, as required
- Develop test plans and procedures, execute tests, perform regression tests, etc.
- Help resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Assist in the estimation of product development efforts
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional 'edge cases' outside of expected functionality work?ow as well as better ways to provide maintainable test cases
- Have the drive to become an expert in:
- Unit testing
- UX Testing
- UI Testing
- Integration testing of APIs
- Performance and scalability testing
- Security Penetration Testing
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or 5+ years’ experience in automated testing
- Strong Background in automated testing with a minimum of 3+ years or equivalent experience
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated tests
- Pro?cient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the software test industry.
- Understanding of coding enterprise applications using C# and other languages
- Experience using TestComplete
- Understanding of mobile application development and test, especially in a cross platform environment such as Xamarin
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio.
- Experience with writing and executing manual software test cases.
- Proactive 'self-starter' attitude
- Lifelong learner - thrives from developing and sharing knowledge
Qualified applicants please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.